Action on Elder Abuse Scotland
- Raise awareness of the wide range of harm and abuse experienced by older people which includes physical, sexual, psychological, financial and neglect
- Provide advice and support to older people experiencing harm or abuse, and those who care for or are concerned about older people
- Promote research and projects relating to elder abuse
- Campaign for the best possible support and prevention framework.
- Signpost to other organisations who can provide appropriate help and support. If a concern is raised with us in regards to a vulnerable adult, our Information Officers will always make the caller aware of the Adult Support and Protection legislation and provide the appropriate local authority contact.
They are the only organisation that deals specifically with Elder Abuse and we provide support to people when they need to talk about the harm they are suffering and, if necessary, a signposting route to other organisations. Please see our website www.elderabuse.org.uk/scotland for more information.
We would also be very grateful if you could provide a link to our website on any of your resource materials and website.
If you have any questions or require any further information or leaflets, please do not hesitate to get in touch with:
Services Coordinator, Action on Elder Abuse Scotland